Monday, April 30, 2007

April - Coffs Harbour / Ballina Visit 26th - 29th...

David took a couple of days off work so we headed to Coffs Harbour to catch up with some friends... Left at 6.00am Thursday morning... Arrived Ballina 8.30am for breakfast and a PLAY at McDonalds... Left 9.30am... Arrived Darlington Park around 11.30am to visit friends there... Left 1.00pm to head to Coffs Harbour... Arrived Coffs Harbour at about 1.30pm and checked into the Matador Motor Inn in a KING room ( I am so glad we did have a king bed as you will read later )... We then went for a walk to the city center and picked up some supplies for us and to take with us when we went to visit other friends... Around 3pm we went to visit KylieJ and her FAMILY... They cooked us a wonderful chicken meal with all the trimmings... We had such a fantastic time... Around 8.00pm we headed back to where we were staying... Friday Morning we headed to the city center again for breakfast, ended up at a place called the Starfish Cafe in the mall, which was excellent indeed... KylieJ and Kellsey meet us there and we wondered the shops before heading back to KylieJ's place to settle in for the afternoon and evening... This is when things started to go down hill... Before this Rufie had had a bit of a runny nose but now he was showing sign of really not being well, so I phoned and made and appointment to see our Doctor on our return... I too started to not feel 100%, I had woken up with sore throat and was now getting a headache and really not feeling good at all... Again KylieJ feed us a lovely meal... It was awesome to spend time with her and her family and I thank them very much, I only wish Rufie and I hadnt started to get sick so we could have visited the park... Gives us an excuse to go back again and hopefully soon... hehehe... Rufie spent the whole night in bed with us and this is where I was glad we had a KING size bed, Rufie tossed and turned and we didnt get much sleep and Rufie had meds every 4 hours to get us through... Saturday morning we went to quickly visit others friends at a nearby park as it was their sons 21st Birthday party there... Rufie wasnt feeling well at all, he didnt want to be with anyone else but David or myself... We only stayed for half an hour before we headed off to Ballina... HERE for lunch before checking into the Ballina Homestead Motel for a night stop over at in their Executive Suite ( mind you they arent as flash as you would expect ) another shocking night was had, David and Rufie slept in the main bed and I slept in a single bed as I knew this was the only way I was going to get some sleep... Still giving meds every 4 hours... Breakfast was at a place called Pelican 181 right on the waterfront, there was also a playground in the park near by... So Rufie had a little PLAY... Then it was in the car to head back to Brisbane and home... Arriving home just after lunch...

No comments: